This plugin is to allow a file from a page or a post to be uploaded to a folder at the blog host.
The blog administrator can set a maximum file size that can be uploaded and can nominate an email address to receive a message when a valid upload is attempted; either successfully or not.
A visitor to the page is required to enter a company name, a valid email address and to select the file to upload. If the email is not valid, or if the file is too big, error messages are displayed.
If successful the visitor is so informed and the file is uploaded to the folder called ‘/upfile’ at the same level as the blog, eg www.example.co.uk/blog/upfile. A successful upload will also result in an email to the address selected by the administrator giving information on the company, the visitor’s email and the file’s new name in ‘/upfile’.
- Download the zip file.
- Upload `kalsom-file-upload` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Admin Menu.
- Create a page or a post.
- Place `upload-file` short code in your page or post.
- Access options through ‘File upload’ on the ‘Tools’ admin panel menu.
- Choose options: maximum file size and the email to be notified whenever the upload is used.